Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- the repository is mentioned
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- No full-item re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Social Sciences General
- Health and Medicine
- Law and Politics
- The repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Bibliographic references
- Conference and workshop papers
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Learning Objects
- Multimedia and audio-visual materials
- Other special item types
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the archive
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of the repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items may not be deposited until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- No retention period defined.
- No functional specification policy has been defined.
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- No closure policy defined.